Wednesday 6 May 2015

Diabetes Blog Week

Diabetes Blog Week

I am very excited to participate in this years #DBlogWeek.
This is a great way for me to share with my friends and family and really get my blog going!

I am really starting to feel a since of belonging, when I was first diagnosed I felt so alone since I am the only one in my family and circle of friends with Diabetes it was a challenge. I didn't know much about Diabetes when I was diagnosed 7 years ago, I had a hard time accepting that it wasn't just the flu and that insulin was not a cure, but a medicine that keeps me a live. I always tell my friend, family and co workers that I was lucky enough to have been diagnosed at the age of 19 and I was able to understood what I needed to do, and feel for those who are diagnosed as children to think how hard it must be for parents and siblings truly breaks my heart!! No one should have to deal with that kind of stress. But I have also realized being diagnosed later on in life may not have been the best thing... since I lived 19 year normally and not worrying about testing my sugar, counting carbs, giving myself the correct amount of insulin, worrying if I think my sugar is starting to drop on my walk with the dogs in the morning or after dinner.

I feel that I am finally starting to find my balance and hope by sharing this will help others understand how difficult some days are and can be living with Type 1 Diabetes and also how great some days will and can be.

Lets turn Type ONE into Type NONE

1 comment:

  1. I'm so excited that you are joining in for Diabetes Blog Week!! The DBlog Community is lucky to have your voice as part of it, so thank you for sharing with us. I hope you are giving yourself a lot of credit for how much you've accomplished since diagnosis.

    ReplyDelete