Tuesday 12 May 2015

Day Two #DBlogWeek- Keep it to Yourself

Diabetes Blog Week
 
 
Day Two
Topic- Keep it to Yourself
Many of us share lots of aspects of our diabetes lives online for the world to see.  What are some of the aspects of diabetes that you choose to keep private from the internet?  Or from your family and friends?  Why is it important to keep it to yourself?  (This is not an attempt to get you out of your comfort zone.  There is no need to elaborate or tell personal stories related to these aspects.  Simply let us know what kinds of stories we will never hear you tell, and why you won't tell them.) (Thank you Scott E of Rolling in the D for this topic.)
 
 
I am not going to lie I was a little nervous about todays topic and wasn't really sure where to start and what to write about... then realized this is the purpose of me starting this blog... I keep it all to myself!  

I may have a positive attitude toward living with Type One Diabetes to the outside world and when friends or family members ask about it I really don't share anything with anyone besides my husband. I think I have always been that way... I was told once that I was to emotional about something and that I take things to personally and for some reason from that day forward I started to keep it all to myself... especially for those who feel that way and not just my emotions about living with Type One Diabetes but almost everything.  
 
I don't want anyone to worry about me and have always thought how others feel before my own feelings so keeping it all to myself is always what I have done. Unfortunately until I cant take it all anymore and have a mental break down. Which my husband usually has to pick up all the pieces and help me pull myself together. Doesn't happen often but when it does  I think it is pretty scary for the both of us. Which is why I started my blog just a few weeks ago.. to share the good, and the bad of living with a chronic illness. Even if my friends and family are not reading my posts I know I am sharing my feelings and expressing my emotions trying to avoid those scary breakdowns and hope that it might help someone else who feels the way I do.

I promise myself to NOT keep it all to myself!
 
 
Lets turn Type ONE into Type NONE
 
 
 
 


4 comments:

  1. Thank you, Justine, for creating your blog and being a voice for those who also have a hard time sharing. It is scary to watch people react to us when we feel we aren't behaving "well." I turn inward sometimes too. I look forward to reading your blog more and seeing you grow as a PWD who shares! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Heather, its very comforting to know other can relate to how I feel, really encourages me to keep sharing.

      Delete
  2. Congrats on starting your blog! My blog has been very therapeutic as well so I can relate. I'm looking forward to reading more blog posts from you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Kelley, I have really started to feel like a bit of weight has been lifted off my shoulders. I feel very welcomed by the Diabetes blog community.

      Delete