Friday 15 May 2015

Day Five #DBlogWeek- Food on Friday

Diabetes Blog Week


Day Five
Topic- Food on Friday

Taking a cue from Adam Brown's recent post, write a post documenting what you eat in a day!  Feel free to add links to recommended recipes/shops/whatever.  Make it an ideal day or a come-as-you-are day – no judgments either way.  (Thank you, Katy of  Bigfoot Child Have Diabetes for this topic.)

I think its safe to say that all diabetics have a LOVE-HATE relationship with food, who doesn't LOVE food. When I sometimes have high blood sugars and panic I always tell my husband just that... I love to eat every food but hate what it does to me sugars.  I was so excited when I read todays topic and have actually been thinking about what I would share all week... I swear I never knew how to cook until I got married and we purchased our first house... I guess I had to learn because my mom did not live with us to cook for me anymore.

I have become addicted to Pintrest after planning my wedding last year, so I get most of my ideas from things friends or family members post and reaching for low carb meal ideas.

My favourite breakfast- Beacon, egg, cheese and salsa on roman lettuce wrap.

My favourite lunch- Grilled chicken with tabouli salad on a lettuce wrap

My Favourite dinner- I have 2 favourites Stuffed green peppers with turkey and couscous and chicken stir-fry with rice noodles, chicken, broccoli and carrots

 
My favourite dessert- even though I hardly eat it, again love hate relationship is a homemade apple pie
 
 
 
 
Happy Fri-YAY!!


5 comments:

  1. Everything looks delicious. I love stuffed peppers but my husband won't touch them with a 10-foot pole. But he does love apple pie....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your breakfast looks delish and I totally want to go re-create it now! Like a low carb breakfast burrito. Thanks for the inspo! And big congrats on your wedding last year - same year as me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yumm...your photos all look so delicious!

    ReplyDelete